Maybe you have just got a holiday or leave from work and don’t want to while away the little time. The good news is that there are some certifications you can complete within this short time.
Whether you want to gain more experience in your field or venture into a new career, 2-week certifications are just a good fit for you.
Though some certification programs require you to attend in-person classes and training, certification programs are fully delivered online, meaning you can complete these programs without stepping out of your door.
Two-week certification programs are available across many professions, including healthcare, information technology, lifestyle, sports, and teaching. No matter your job, there are always some programs for you.
Related content: 34 best 4-6 week certificate programs online that pay well.
Maybe you want to take some 2-week certification programs and you don’t know where to find them. To learn where you can find them right on this page, see best places to find 2-week certification programs.
Table of Contents
What you can do with 2-week certifications
You may not have enough money or resources to take a degree, or you are not convinced that certification programs can help your career.
Though they are underrated, 2-week certification can make a great deal of difference in your life, here are some of the reasons why they are crucial to your career development:
- Build your resume: taking 2-week certification programs is a great way to improve your resume and make yourself job-ready.
- Improve your skills: take certification programs to level up your skills and knowledge in your field and make yourself an efficient worker.
- Get a raise: you can get a raise or promotion by completing a certification relevant to your profession.
- Acquire specialization skills: you can specialize in one area of your profession through a certification program.
- Get a job: a certification helps you increase your visibility, and make yourself noticeable among other job seekers. Most employers will see you as a productive employee who is hungry for more knowledge.
- Start a new career: a two-week certification can inspire you to explore a new career opportunity which may be the life-changing career you didn’t even know exists.
- Easy to complete: they are usually short and flexible, allowing you to complete them even as a full-time worker without any hassle.
- Improve your personal skills: they can help you prepare to take on specific and challenging roles, such as leadership and project management.
- Prepare for a longer program: sometimes they serve as pre-requisites to 3-month and 6-month certificate programs.
Best Places to Find 2-Week Certification Programs
- Coursera: arguably the best online learning platform in the world. The website features online courses, certification programs, specialization programs, MasterTracks, and degree programs.
- Alison: the world’s largest free online learning platform. All courses and career development programs on Alison are free to enroll in, but in most cases, you will have to pay if you want a certificate of completion.
- edX: a nonprofit online learning platform founded by Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. edX is the platform to find all types of degree programs.
- FutureLearn: an online education website founded by The Open Open University and SEEK Ltd. FuturelEarn has one of the biggest collections of ExpertTracks, micro-credentials, and MOOCs.
- Working Skills Center: a computer skills training center in Toronto, Ontario. It is the place to find computer certification programs in Ontario, Canada.
- American Red Cross: the organization has a large collection of 2-week certification programs in healthcare.
2-week certification programs in healthcare
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training Online
- BLS Certification
- The Science of Healthcare Delivery
Bloodborne Pathogens Training Online
Bloodborne Pathogens Training Online is a healthcare certification program offered by the American Red Cross. The program is delivered online and can be completed within 2 weeks.
In this program, you will learn how bloodborne pathogens are transferred from one individual to another, how to avoid infection, and the right actions to take if you are exposed to these pathogens.
The course is a pre-requisite to the bloodborne pathogens standard program offered by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
BLS is an acronym for Basic Life Support. The basic life support healthcare certification from the American Red Cross Society teaches the basic skills needed to improve patient care.
The BLS certification training can only be completed through in-person classes. As an individual with BLC certification, you will need to take recertification courses every two years to keep your certificate valid, this is to ensure you are up-to-date with new techniques.
The Science of Healthcare Delivery
The Science of Healthcare Delivery is offered by Arizona State University in Collaboration with The Mayo Clinic. The 2-Week program is available on Coursera and is fully online.
In the course, you will learn scientific techniques used to reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare. It is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
For more information about healthcare courses, see Free online healthcare courses with certificates in Canada available to everyone.
10 best 2-week certification programs online and offline
- Commercial Tandem Paragliding
- Content Creation
- Graphic Designing
- Fundamentals of Meal Planning
- Software Design and Architecture
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools and Cyber Attacks
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Foundations of Project Management
- Attract and Engage Customers with Digital Marketing
Commercial Tandem Paragliding
You can become a certified tandem paragliding pilot in 2 weeks by registering and completing a program with an accredited paragliding pilot training institution. You will complete 50 to 150 tandem flights under supervision in your training.
As a commercial tandem paragliding pilot, you can earn a lot of money taking tourists on flights around tourists attraction, alternatively, you can work for a commercial tandem paragliding company.
Content creation is the biggest opportunity on the internet right now, maybe before now, you do imagine content creation to be some sort of herculean task.
The truth is; that content creation is very easy if you know exactly what to do. There are so many free and paid courses on content creation. Here are some of the popular content creation career opportunities:
- Blogging. Some popular platforms for blogging are WordPress and Blogger.
- Video blogging. Some popular platforms for video blogging are YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok
- Gaming. Some popular gaming platforms are Twitch, YouTube Games, and Facebook Games.
Sure you saw gaming on that list, it’s not a joke, you can make tens of thousands of dollars streaming games online. You don’t have to be good at games or creative to start a game-streaming channel.
You can start streaming video games online today in your leisure time, but don’t be surprised if that becomes your main job in the future. You do not need a certificate to become a content creator unless you wish to work for someone else.
You can complete a graphic designing certification program online in just 2 weeks of study, of course, that won’t put you at the level of an experienced professional graphic designer.
After you have completed the program, you will have to practice what you have learned as they say “practice makes perfect”. With some determination and the knowledge you gain from the program, there is no limit to what you can do.
Graphic designing programs can be easily completed online or offline, and most of the online programs are free. You can become a graphic designer without a certificate, but getting one can help you get a well-paying job.
The graphic design industry has huge potential and many career opportunities. For example, the most expensive logo in the world: Symantec Brand and Acquisition is worth 1.28 billion United States dollars and was made by graphic designers.
Typing is one of the best 2-week certification programs, this is because you can utilize your typing skills in many areas of life. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you do, being a fast typist will surely help you at some point in your life.
An average person who puts enough practice into typing will be able to type at a speed of 40 words per minute in 2 weeks. Here are some job positions available to typists:
- Medical transcriptionist
- Court reporter
- Blog post writer
- Office secretary
Fundamentals of Meal Planning
Fundamentals of Meal Planning was developed by KW Professional Organizers and is Available on Alison. The program will help you understand the best meal planning approaches for all kinds of diets.
The program is ideal for individuals who are involved in meal planning and cooking in their families. Things you will learn in the program include the best meal planning approach for your family, labeling food items and containers in your, and knowing the best places to shop for groceries.
Software Design and Architecture
Software Design and Architecture is offered by the University of Alberta. The purpose of the program is to teach students how to use design concepts, patterns, and architectures to create software applications and systems.
You are expected to have some previous experience with Java programming and object-oriented programming. in the program, you will see some practical examples of the application of patterns in software design.
Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools and Cyber Attacks
Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools and Cyber Attacks is a program developed by International Business Machines (IBM), it is available on Coursera.
It is one of the 2-week certification programs online. It is self-paced and available in nine languages:
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
Neural Networks and Deep Learning program is offered by DeepLearning.AI through Coursera. In the program, you will learn the different technologies that are applied in deep learning. Here are some of the things you will learn in the program:
- Deep Learning
- Python Programming
- Artificial Neural Network
- Neural Network Architecture
Foundations of Project Management
Foundations of Project Management is one of the certification programs you can complete in two weeks. It is a self-paced program created to help you gain the basic skills of project management.
It is the first of the six courses in the Google Project Management Professional Certificate. If you want to complete this certification in 2 weeks, then you will to study at the pace of nine hours per week.
There are five skills you will gain in the program:
- Organizational culture
- Change management
- Career development
- Strategic thinking
- Project management
Attract and Engage Customers with Digital Marketing
Attract and Engage Customers with Digital Marketing is the second of seven certifications in the Google Digital Marketing and E-commerce Professional Certificate. It is suitable for people with little knowledge of digital marketing and e-commerce.
The contains 21-hour long course materials, which means you will have to study for 11.5 every week if you want to complete it in two weeks. You will gain the following skills from the program:
- Website structure
- Customer awareness
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
Random skills to learn in a day when bored
- Changing car tires. You don’t have to call a mechanic whenever you get a flat tire or rely on another person to give you a hand. you can learn to change car tires in a single day.
- Learn some keyboard shortcuts. I bet you didn’t know that pressing windows + L on your computer will automatically take you to the user login page. Try to learn some new keyboard shortcuts whenever you are bored.
- Learn a recipe. You can always learn a new recipe in a short term and add it to your catalog of recipes.
- Learn to draw. You can use your free time to learn new drawing techniques, who knows if you are the next Leonardo da Vinci.
- Learn to use your smartphone. There are so many things to learn about your phone. I bet you don’t know that some smartphones can be used as universal remotes. You can also use smartphones to track airplanes and ships.
- Learn some card tricks. You can learn many card tricks in a single day, a popular one of them is the 21-card trick.
- Learn some basic first aid. This is an important skill to learn, you can even get certifications for your skills.
- Learn to stitch. You can learn some stitching techniques in one day, and stitch like a pro!
- Learn to knot ties. You can learn different tie knot patterns in a day.
- Learn some basic bicycle repairs. If you do so, you wouldn’t have to wait on anyone to do them for you.
- Learn to change light bulbs. If you don’t know how to change light bulbs, you should learn to do that. You can the skills in 5 minutes when you are bored.
- Learn to change your windscreen wipers. So you don’t have to visit the mechanic for minor issues, you can do this in a day.
- Learn better communication skills. By doing that you would make friends and get along with others.
- Free Online Courses With Certificates in Ontario
- Free Online Courses With Printable Certificates
- 20+ Free Bible Courses Online with Certificates
I am Okpara Chibuike Blessius Francis, writer at Certificate Programs Online — A student of Cyber Security at the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO). I love the Cyber World and I am a crypto enthusiast.
With many years of experience with online certifications as a student myself. I joined this organization to help students find the best online certificate programs and courses.
I am working to make it easier for students all over the world to easily find online courses, programs, certifications, and schools that suit their needs. Tasks like this took me a lot of time to accomplish, so I am dedicating my time to make it easier for others.
There are many certifications and courses online, so this organization will help students find the ones that are relevant to them.